Post blog entries with this page. Engage the readers by allowing them to post comments in response to the posts.
- Click on the blue "add a post" button on the right side of the page in the "Blog Posts List" area.
- Type the title of the blog entry and click the "save" button.
- Click on the "upload image" icon if you want a small square image (100 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall) to be displayed next to the title of the blog entry title. The image you upload should be at least 200 px by 200 pixels because a larger version of the thumbnail image is displayed when someone clicks on the blog title. The thumbnail images will also be visible if you use the Blog App somewhere on your website.
- You can also enter the name of the blog post's author.
- Change the publish date to a day in the future if you don't want the blog post to appear on the website before then.
- Each post you add to the blog page has the option of enabling interactive comments to be posted in response. The option to allow comments is not set by default so you have to click on the "Yes" radio button if you want to receive comments from readers of the post.
- Blog comments will only appear on the page after they have been approved. You can approve them by editing the blog post and clicking on the "approve" button or you can have a message sent to an email address that has links to "approve" or "remove" the comments.
- Add the blog post content to the page in the text editing box.
- Click the "Save Page" button at the bottom.
Blog Entries are ordered by the publish date with the most recent entry at the top of the page.
You can have multiple blog pages on your website. If you decide to have more than one and you also use the Blog App somewhere on your website, you may want to use the categories to assign each blog to it's own category. That will allow you to only include posts from a blog of a specific category in the Blog App.
The individual blog posts have their own pages, but the titles are not added to the navigation menus by default. If you want the posts to appear in the website navigation, edit the post and click on the "settings" button at the bottom to mark the box labeled "show as menu item".