This app provides an easy way to display a video player on your page for watching a live video broadcast through the Ustream.tv website.
You will need to have an account set up at the www.ustream.tv website in order to broadcast your own live video, but you can also use the app to broadcast other video from the ustream.tv website.
Here are the steps to set up the app:
- Go to the Ustream.tv website and find the channel page that has the live broadcast video player. The address for the page should be something like http://www.ustream.tv/channel/example
- Hover over the "SHARE" icon located in the lower right corner of the video and click on the less than "<" and greater than ">" symbols.
- Click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button.
- Paste the embed code into the box provided in the "video options" area of the app. Use the CTRL/Command + "V" keyboard shortcut to paste.
- Click on the yellow "Save App" button at the bottom of the page.
The video player will automatically fill the size of the column where the app is placed. If you want to control the exact size of the video player, you can adjust the size using the embed options provided by Ustream and then paste the code into either the HTML app or into the source view of the Text Editor app.