This app displays the most recent articles that have been added to the news pages of your website. If you have not added any news articles in the Content Editor yet, then this app will not display any content on the page.
Here are the instructions to use the app:
- Select one of the three options from the drop-down menu marked "How Much of The News Article To Display". You can display the first 100 characters of each news article, the first 250 characters, or just the headline.
- The second drop-down menu lets you choose a number of articles to include in the app from one to a maximum of ten. NOTE: If the app is placed in a full width or three-fourths* width column, there is a maximum of three articles displayed in the app.
- The other setting you see listed under the "display options" tab is the option to customize the text that is used for the link that is added after the first 100 or 250 characters of each news article listed in the app. If you chose to only display the headlines of the articles, then no text is necessary.
- Click on the "category options" tab if you have used categories for the news articles, and you want to display only the articles that have been marked with specific categories.
- Click on the "layout options" tab to choose from a variety of different options for how the articles are arranged in the app. NOTE: If the app is placed in a full width or three-fourths* width column, with the most recent article on the left side and the other one or two on the right. The app will simply display a vertical list of news articles with the most recent at the top for all of the other column sizes.
- Click on the yellow "Save App" button at the bottom of the page.
*The three-fourths column width is not available on the home page or any pages using the full width layout.